How does Microdermabrasion work?
Microdermabrasion treatments Melbourne is the process of removing dead layer of skin. It is a non-invasive technique. In this treatment, tiny crystals are used to exfoliate the skin without using any chemicals or any surgical method. This removes the layer of dead cells from the skin. The treatment is performed in 2 steps. First, the machine uses tiny crystals to exfoliate the top surface of the skin to remove the dead cells from the skin. Next, a vacuum is used to suck out the exfoliated cells from the skin surface. This leaves a brighter fresh skin, free of dead skin cells and any dirt.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive technique used by dermatologists for a number of reasons. It offers a lesser recovery time and it is suitable for all kinds of skins and colors. It is also quicker than the traditional dermabrasion. Many patients choose microdermabrasion for the same reasons. The most significant reason being its non-invasive nature.
Top 5 benefits of Microdermabrasion
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, microdermabrasion treatment has some other benefits too that make it a popular choice of skin treatment.
- Microdermabrasion significantly improves the blood circulation deep within the skin. This greatly improves the overall health of the skin as the improved blood flow results in increase in the flow of oxygen and other nutrients to the cells.
- After microdermabrasion, your skin care products become much more effective. After the removal of the dead layer of skin, your skincare products will be more effective on your skin and you’ll be able to see results in a comparatively lot shorter time.
- As we grow up, our skin pores size increases. This may be due to pollution or a matter of hygiene. Either way, microdermabrasion reduces the pores size, almost back to the natural size which improves the skin hygiene and also results in a healthier skin.
- A significant reason people choose microdermabrasion over other methods is its non-invasive nature. This also makes it the safest of the skincare treatments as there remains no room for infection or other possible side effects of a surgical treatment.
- Last comes the application of this treatment. Microdermabrasion is suitable for a wide range of problems including acne problem, age spots, stretch marks etc.
Purpose of Microdermabrasion
The popular skincare treatment, microdermabrasion, is often confused for its applications due to the wide range of problems that it can cure. To sort it out, following is a list of results one can obtain using microdermabrasion.
- Removes age spots
- Removes darkened skin (hyperpigmentation)
- Leaves a much healthier skin
- Reduces wrinkles
- Restores the pores size to their natural size
- Treats acne/blackheads
- Works on stretch marks
What is the result?
How soon will you see the results depends on your purpose of microdermabrasion treatment? If you’re looking to simply exfoliate your skin for improved skin health and fresher look, you will be seeing results right after 1st treatment. A single treatment is enough to freshen up the skin and remove blackheads. However, if the purpose of treatment is treat acne or hyper pigmentation or any other of the conditions mentioned, 6-7 treatments may be required before you can notice the effectiveness of the treatment. Removal of deep scars can take even more than that. More than 1 treatment is generally recommended to have permanent effects of the treatment. In fact, for some conditions, post-treatment measures may be recommended which can range from simply taking care of skin to some additional top-up treatments to leave an everlasting effect.
Side effects of microdermabrasion
After the microdermabrasion treatment, the skin may feel like tight or pink, but it is only temporary for a day at max so all you need to do it avoid skin products especially make-up. Keep the skin moisturised and away from direct sunlight. Take guidance from your dermatologist on which products to apply. There is also a chance that during the process, some crystals gets in your eye. However, there’s nothing to worry about that. It will only cause irritation in the eye for a day or two. But, just to be safe, wear something on your eye before the treatment. Other than that, microdermabrasion is a perfectly safe skin treatment with less side effects than any other skin treatment.